Kyle, Chrissie and Mason

Welcome to our blog we hope that you enjoy the little glimpse into our crazy lives!

Friday, July 8, 2011

Progressive, The Office, Pillow Pet and more!

When I was pregnant with Mason I had read so many books saying that your baby can hear you when they are hanging out in your belly, so you should read them books and talk to them. They may not understand what you are saying but they catch the tones in your voice. So I decided to put it to the test. I picked one book and read it to Mason in my belly through out the whole pregnancy. Now that Mason is 16 months old and will let me read a whole book to him, guess what is his favorite book to pick for me to read to him before he goes to bed! It just amazes me that he can remember it.

When Mason was a newborn and I was able to be home for the first 6 months of his life we had a pretty good routine; he woke up around 6:00 I would feed him, we would play for a little bit and then me and him would lay on the couch and fall asleep watching The Price is Right and then later in the day it would be The Office. Before Christmas last year the pillow pet commercial would come on and Mason would just smile and get so excited so I just thought it was the catchy tune that he enjoyed, but as he has gotten older I have found that Mason will stop dead in his tracks for the Progressive commercial, he loves that lady, and The Office theme song. It had nothing to do with the catchy theme songs he can honestly remember them. I just have to laugh because I think back to that 6 months of lounging around the house I would of never imagined that 2 commercials and a t.v. show would stay instilled in his amazing little but powerful brain of his.

I guess it makes me feel a little better that at least he loves and knows his favorite book so I don't have to feel so bad that I brain washed him with a little bit of t.v.

P.S. I didn't realize I was logged into Kyle's account, this was not posted by Kyle but Chrissie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment