This morning I got home from work and Kyle was headed up the mountain with Darren. He handed over a stinky Mason and kissed me good bye. Mason had some breakfast and then I got him down on the floor and wrestled him to change his stinky diaper. I decided to just clean him up and then put him in the bath so I didn't put another diaper on him. I carried Mason and his cute naked bum upstairs and started the bath water. As the water was running I ran and grabbed his towel and a couple of toys to play with, while Mason roamed around naked.
I got everything together and got Mason in the tub. Now for a little side note; in the past month we have come to find that Mason is scared of water, the bath, the shower, pools, and sprinklers. So I was really wanting to try and make this bath a fun experience so he could see that water is ok. Surprisingly he did really great, we threw the ball and played with the duck and frog, even washing his hair was some what ok. I was so proud of him he was getting past his fear, there is no reason for him to be scared of any water, or so we thought.
I got Mason out of the tub into his room, got his diaper on and dressed up all cute. Mason ran off as soon as he was dressed and I started cleaning up his room, until I heard a huge THUD and Mason screaming from the other room. I ran in there to see what had happened and from my first look at the situation it looked like he had slipped on a jacket that was on the hardwood floors, but I picked him up and found out it was something completely different when his whole side was soaking wet! What was on the floor that was all wet...I looked around for a cup that might have spilled a leak in the roof, but nothing. Well, I did the next mommy investigation and used my nose I smelt his wet clothes, sure enough it was PEE! I have to admit my first thought went to Kyle that he had done it in the middle of the night or couldn't make it to the bathroom or that I watched my nephew Corbin the day before but then I remembered he didn't even go upstairs. I felt Mason to see if he managed to pee through his clothes but that part of him was dry. Then it dawned on me he must of done it when I went to get his towel and toys. At this point I was just happy that he managed to make it on the hardwood floors and didn't do it all over the carpet.
I got all of Mason's clothes off, cleaned up the pee and thought I had made so much progress with him not being scared of wet stuff then he goes and slips in his own pee. I guess we are going to have to keep on working on not being scared of water (pee). I'm just happy that I didn't find it with my bare feet. I guess the moral of this story is, at least for me, don't let Mason run around naked even if its for a minute.
No comments:
Post a Comment