Kyle, Chrissie and Mason

Welcome to our blog we hope that you enjoy the little glimpse into our crazy lives!

Friday, February 18, 2011

Love, Romance and Reality!


I want to start out this post with giving you a certain image in your mind. I know all of us women love watching chick flick movies, it can just manage to put a smile on your face or give you that warm fuzzy feeling inside. There is one problem with this ladies, THATS NOT REALITY!!!! Never once have I been saved form a evil villain or a had the love of my life stop me from marrying the wrong guy while at the alter or have a guy climb up a balcony to confess his undying love. Watching these movies always makes me a little sad that my love with Kyle is just boring and not exciting, there are no world-wind moments where Kyle is sweeping me off my feet. Ok, now do you have a good picture in your mind of where I'm going? Great!

February is the month of LOVE! Everywhere you go you can feel it in the air. For Kyle and I February is a double shot of love because we celebrate our anniversary and then 3 days later we celebrate Valentines Day, so of course you would think that that floating on air love is with us through the whole month, WRONG, not because we don't want it to be but because of life and its sticky messes. Kyle and mine month of love or month of reality has been one for the books. On our anniversary night Kyle and I decided not to go out because Kyle wasn't feeling well but he told me that he was going to take Mason and I out for Valentines Day! As we are headed out the door we notice that our house is a a bit chilly...to make a long story short our heater was broke so 2 hours later, a $120 control panel and a upset child we were not in the mood for fun and romance (although Kyle did get me chocolate covered strawberries). Three days later came Valentines night and this is how the night ended up going; Kyle was working, I was sick and Mason wanted nothing more then me to hold him everywhere I went, I ended up eating Roman Noodles and eating them by myself, then Kyle later came home and made himself something.

I was pretty bummed with all these unfortunate events that had fallen upon us these past few days, thinking to myself "why can't life be like it is in the movies"? I would come home to rose petals leading me to a hot bath, strawberries and romantic music playing. Then I thought how could your love grow if your life was always that way? Kyle is my hero everyday, when he wakes up and goes to work in freezing temperatures or when he rescued us from the evil villain "Non-working Furnace" and saved the day by getting it repaired so that we didn't freeze to death or on Valentines Day when he opened the garage door and swept Mason of his feet and carried him away to the grocery store so I could rest and be sick for one hour! Even though a hot bath would be wonderful, its the everyday "realities" that makes us stronger. That makes our love grow ten times more. So all you other girls can have your romantic fantasies and I will take my everyday hero anytime!

3 comments:

  1. Great post! Love love loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO true!!! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So totally true. I think that's why there's so much discontent in relationships -- everyone wants the "movie" romances. It sure can feel that way in the beginning, but then it gets very normal. :)

    ReplyDelete