Kyle, Chrissie and Mason

Welcome to our blog we hope that you enjoy the little glimpse into our crazy lives!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Mason's Adventure

I always try to get my to do list done while Mason is down for his morning nap and today I almost got everything done but paying a couple of bills. I had Mason in the office with me while I hurried and tried to take care of what I needed to, well in the mean time Mason decided to crawl out of the room. It all of the sudden got very quiet so I peeked around the corner into the hall and saw Mason headed towards the stairs. Normally I go and grab him and bring him back, then we do that process over and over until we both are ready to scream! This time though I just let him go to see what he would do if I weren't around or he didn't think I was around. I stood at the top of the stairs and watched him go down the stairs every now and then looking up to see if I was coming for him. We have a long gate at the bottom of the stairs to keep him from going up them and he knows that he can just knock it over and he can get past it, so that is exactly what he did, he pushed on the gate until it fell over, looked to see if I heard the noise and then he crawled across it into the front room. He stopped for a second to see if I was coming after him but didn't see me anywhere in sight so he continued on. He crawled into the kitchen, stopped, looked around and saw that I was still nowhere to be found and headed straight to the dishwasher (which he loves) realized he couldn't open it so headed over to my cabinet that has all my bowl and lids. He sat in front of the door and took one last look around grinned and opened the door. Mason just started pulling anything and everything he could out he was in heaven!! This got boring fast so he grabbed one of the lids and crawled with it over to the other gate that blocks him from the t.v. room stood up to it, looked around, smiled and then chucked it over onto the floor, little stinker! I finally decided to ruin his fun and say "Mason", he hurried and sat down, looked around but couldn't see me cause I was still at the top of the stairs, so I said "Mason" again and he just started smiling like he knew. He finally looked up and saw me standing up at the top of the stairs and just gave me on of his big cheesy grins, like I know that you can't get mad at this face. Even though I had to go and pick up all of the mess that he made I was happy that I just let him go and enjoy his little adventure I think its good for him and helps his imagination grow and grow!

1 comment:

  1. It's good for us to let them go sometimes :) Especially when we are still watching and know they are safe. I love that he kept looking to make sure you weren't coming. SO FUNNY! He would do that with me when I watch him too. He's so cute :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete