Kyle, Chrissie and Mason
Welcome to our blog we hope that you enjoy the little glimpse into our crazy lives!
Saturday, January 29, 2011
I'm your mom...its my job!
So yesterday I had an ah-ha moment. I was getting ready for the day in my bathroom and of course my little terror was pulling all the drawers open and pulling everything out that he could and finding the most fun thing to play with. First he found my hair spray bottle. Now where do you think it went first? Thats right straight to his mouth so of course I had to take it away from him for obvious reasons. This upset Mason but he moved on quickly to his next "toy". He founds mom's round brush!! You could just see it on his face WOW, this thing is fun, it makes lots of cool noises and feels awesome too. I let him keep this because I saw no harm in him playing with this. Mason sat on the floor for a while and banged the brush on the floor and enjoyed his new discovery. Next the little curious boy decided this is not fun anymore, how about I crawl over to that big white thing mom is always trying to keep me away from, so he crawled over to the toilet (the lid was down) and started banging the brush on the seat. Oh how his face just lit up, he had made an even cooler noise!! Now as a mom I sat there and debated what to do, do I let him sit there and bang the brush on the seat and possible chip it? Or do I once again take away a fun toy from Mason? I chose to take it away, I thought even though he is young he needs to know that certain things aren't ok to do. So I took it away and the words that I thought I would never say came out of my mouth, "Mason I'm your mom and its my job to make sure you have no fun!" What had I just said?? I really had to think about it I hated when my mom said that to me especially as a teenager, she always made sure I never had any fun! I felt so bad that I had taken away Mason's fun, but I thought a little more and that is when I had my ah-ha moment. I didn't take these things away from Mason because I really didn't want him to have any fun I took them away to keep him safe and to make sure my house stays in one peace for another 30 years. Mason still loved on me and found something even better to play with and completely forgot about me ruining his fun. I thought as much as I hated when my mom ruined my fun, she was doing exactly what I was with Mason, making sure I was safe. She was wiser then me (even though as a teenager I didn't think so) and all she wanted to do was keep her little girl safe from harm even if it meant ruining my fun. So I just want to end with saying to my mom thank you for ruining my fun I know that you did it out of love as I have with Mason. You have been such a great example to me and I love you so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So cute! Yes, I have to tell Ryker things like this often.
ReplyDeleteShe ruined some of my fun to! Be sure to thank her for me! :)
ReplyDeleteI will for sure let her know Nattie!
ReplyDelete