Kyle, Chrissie and Mason

Welcome to our blog we hope that you enjoy the little glimpse into our crazy lives!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Mother of the year!!

Today I'm NOT awarding myself the mother of the year award! Today has truly been one of those days that I really feel bad for little Mason. The morning started out with Mason waking up a little to early and I was just about to jump in the shower so I decided to hurry and jump in while he still stayed contained in his room. Then I get him out of bed put him in the bath tub another contained place while I got ready for the day (don't worry I was in the bathroom the whole time). After we both got ready and dressed and after having the argument over what shoes Mason was going to wear for the day we were ready to go downstairs to eat breakfast. Mason got his cereal in his cup and his cup of milk and I turned on "Toy Story" (his new obsession) so that I could get everything together for the babysitter and so I could enjoy my breakfast. 8:15 the babysitter shows up and I don't even tell him good bye in fear that he will scream for the babysitter, so the whole way to work I'm worrying that he is upset with me. I get home at 12:15 and instead of just hanging out and enjoying him for the rest of the day I put him in the car and drag him to the hospital to see my mom, to the store and then to the post office bribing him the whole time with a fruit snack and yelling his name a hundred times trying to keep him awake so I can get all my errands done. We finally get home at 2:45 and hour and fifteen minutes after his nap time. He sleeps until 5:30 he gets to see Kyle for about 10 minutes. Then I ask Mason if he was hungry and his request was Mac and Cheese so we started making it and the cute little guy wanted to help but he wasn't patient enough to wait for the noodles to boil, so once again "Toy Story" comes on so I can get dinner made and I can get his bag ready to go to another babysitters. We eat dinner at 6:00 in front of the tv :( then I pack him up in the car once again and take him over to aunt Chelsea's so that I can go to work meeting. I leave him at Chelsea's and he is screaming, not fun to walk away from. I finally get done with my meeting at 8:15, Mason wants another cup of milk I tell him no he has had enough today so then he gets mad and starts unloading all silverware that I had just put in the dishwasher, I just bite my tongue its not worth a fight over. I try to make up the night by playing drums with some spatulas and dancing around the kitchen before I force him to go to bed and now I'm sitting here listening to him cry at his door. WOW, I feel great!!! I know that I do the best that we only can do the best we can, but sometimes I just feel so bad that Mason doesn't get a full time mom he gets a part time mom. Thanks for letting me vent and I just hope that tomorrow will be a better day, with a lot more playing. :)

1 comment:

  1. Mason is a lucky little boy. You care about him so much Chrissie. No worries, life is crazy, but it's those little moments dancing and playing drums in the kitchen that make up for all the rest. Love you!
    DeLynn

    ReplyDelete