Six years ago today Kyle and I were married, but more importantly sealed for all time and eternity. Somedays it feels like we just got married and other days it feels like I've known Kyle my whole life. I thought for this anniversary post I would share some moments I remember from that special day. The night before started with the wedding dinner and Kyle met my dad and mom (Rod and Linda) for the first time. I remember Kyle whispering in my ear "now I see where you came from". That night was a wonderful night having our families share their loving comments for the two of us. Especially Kyle's uncle Wayne who wrote a pretty great poem for us. That night my mom and I got home and knelt in prayer sharing a pretty great moment together. I have no idea what Kyle did that night, I'm guessing he fell asleep pretty early.
That next morning I woke up feeling pretty nervous, not knowing what the day was about to bring. I went to DeLynn's shop and got my hair done and then went over to her house to do my make up and put on my dress to go to the temple and my zipper was stuck! Never fear Brandon saved the day and was able to fix it for me. I arrived to at the temple and Kyle arrived the same time with his parents (so much for not seeing the bride before). We went in and got all the papers in order then off to get in our clothes. Becky came in to help me get my dress on and as well as my white tights which I couldn't do my self so I had my first moment of closeness with my future mother-in-law, I was a little embarrassed. Kyle and I were sat together while we waited for all our guests to arrive. Oddly enough our conversations were not of how we were looking forward to this moment or about how amazing the other looked but of Kyle's uncut fingernails. I couldn't figure out what he had done all morning that he couldn't cut his fingernails (thank goodness for aunt Kay who had a pair of clippers in her purse). Anyway we got into the sealing room and the sealer talked to us about marriage and how it was a special ordinance and how to have a successful marriage, funny thing is Kyle and I sat on the couch and didn't hold hands, we were so into what he was saying I guess we just forgot, I don't know. During the actual marriage ceremony the guy called me Christine, Christy, etc...never my actual name so I'm hoping we are really married.
We took pictures after and our photographer and messed up something on her camera so we had to retake some pictures but I didn't care I was on cloud nine. Everyone left and my mom told us to go and relax and to not worry about getting the reception set up (right like I could let someone else set up something I spent months planning) Kyle and I went to wendy's cause he was hungry. He ordered himself a whole meal and I got me a frosty. We got to the reception hall and I got right to work. The reception was really wonderful, my moms family stepped in and took care of the cake, drinks everything (thank you). Kyle and I left the reception and thought wow that was great but maybe we should of taken the money! :)
Sorry if that was super long and boring but I thought some may not of known all the little details and I thought I might share. These past six years have been amazing, of course we have had our ups and downs, but in the end I'm so happy to have Kyle be my companion by my side and that I chose to have him be my side for all time and eternity. I couldn't of asked for a more understanding person then Kyle or someone who has worked as hard as he has to make sure that I am always taken care of.
Thank you to our families for being there these past six years loving and supporting us. Thank you Kyle for who you are and for all the love that you have for me and Mason. You are an amazing husband. I LOVE YOU!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment